Andibevan

Default Sumproduct Problem

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that documents details about files contained within a
document repository. There is a data sheet containing an audit history of
all actions that I run formulas against.

I use the following formula to successfully return the date when the last
file was checked in:-

={1*((MAX((File_Name=$B21)*(Val_Type="check in")*(Date_Val))))}
Where File_Name is a named range containing files names

Val_Type - contains actions stored as text

Date_Val - date of action

The range "Val_Folder" contains the file location.

How would I use sum product to return the File location for most recently
saved specific file.

I have been trying this but keep getting #Value:-

={((MAX((File_Name=$B21)*(Date_Val)*(Val_Folder))) )}

Any ideas?

Andi

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

array entered:

=INDEX(Val_Folder,MATCH(MAX(IF(File_Name=$B21,Date _Val)),Date_Val,0))

Biff

"Andibevan" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that documents details about files contained within a
document repository. There is a data sheet containing an audit history of
all actions that I run formulas against.

I use the following formula to successfully return the date when the last
file was checked in:-

={1*((MAX((File_Name=$B21)*(Val_Type="check in")*(Date_Val))))}
Where File_Name is a named range containing files names

Val_Type - contains actions stored as text

Date_Val - date of action

The range "Val_Folder" contains the file location.

How would I use sum product to return the File location for most recently
saved specific file.

I have been trying this but keep getting #Value:-

={((MAX((File_Name=$B21)*(Date_Val)*(Val_Folder))) )}

Any ideas?

Andi

Andibevan

There goes another half an hour I'll never get back :-)

"Biff" wrote in message
Correct, not possible!

Biff