Liz

Default Formula to determine shift

Hi -
You guys are always so helpful and once again I turn to you for help. I
have tried a few different formula options but none have given the desired
outcome.

I have two columns of data. One column is the date in the format
mm/dd/yyyy. The second column is the time in the hh:mm:ss AM/PM format.

What I need to do is analyze the data in both columns to determine which
shift a transaction occurred during. For example, if the Date = 8/14/2005
and the time is 7:00:00 AM, then the formula needs to return "Shift 4". I
have the shift dates in a separate worksheet and the shift start and end
times can either be written into the formula or in a validation list of some
kind.

Is this calculation possible to complete in Excel?

HELP!

Thanks!
Liz

Liz

eSorry, it gets a little tricky though because they are compressed schedules.
I have the specifics dates for each shift in a worksheet table in Excel.
However, below is the breakdown of how our shifts work.

Shift 4 = 6PM - 6PM every other Saturday and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Shift 5 = 6AM - 6PM Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday
Shift 6 = 6PM - 6AM Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and every other Saturday
Shift 7 = 6AM - 6PM every other Wednesday and Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Shift

"Liz" wrote in message
[...]

Biff

Hi!

Is this calculation possible to complete in Excel?

Hmmmm.....

After seeing the "shifts" I'm going to go out on a limb and say: good luck
with that!

How do you determine if a particular weekday is an "every other" weekday?

Good luck with this.

Biff

"Liz" wrote in message
[...]

Liz

Ha Ha! Very funny.... =)
I think I've found a manual way around that won't be too time consuming
after the initial scrub

Thanks anyway!
Liz

Hi!