Bill R

Default IF(ISBLANK)

=IF(ISBLANK(BU25),"",'SL 2'!E24) This function works.

=IF(ISBLANK(CK24),SL!E24,JL!E24) This function works also.

I'm not really sure where to go from there. I need to combine these
functions and add on based on the senerio that I have outlined below.

Here's the senerio:

Basically whether (BU25) is blank or checked determines whether or not the
rest of the formula should be used or if the field should be left blank.

Next, whether (CK24) is checked or blank determines whether the value should
be pulled from sheet ("SL 2'!E24) or ('JL 2'!E24).

Then, if (BU28) is not blank the values should be pulled from ('SL&AH
2'!E24) or if (BU28) and (CK24) are not blank then the values should be
pulled from ('JL&AH 2'!E24).

I have been trying to use =IF(ISBLANK) but I can't seem to link it all
together. What do you suggest? Should I use a different type of formula? Can
you give me an example, Please? Thanks.

Blue Hornet

I don't really see where you're trying to go with this, Bill. What's
the relationship between BU25 and CK24? Where does BU28 fit in to all
of that?

The first paragraph of the scenario is simple enough, and handled
(apparently) by the first IF function.

From the second paragraph I'm thinking you want something like:

=IF( ISBLANK( BU25), "", IF( ISBLANK( CK24), SL!E24, JL!E24))

But then you threw in the IF regarding BU28, and I'm lost.

I think you need to re-state your problem more clearly. What are all
of the conditions you want to check for, and what are the results you
want?

(It would help a lot to get out of the double-letter columns for
purposes of illustration; I'm confused by the multiplicity of letters,
alternate rows, etc. I'll try to deal with it, but it is a pain.)

Chris

Bill R

I am trying to use check blocks to choose between values that are calculated
on four different sheets within the workbook.

If "BU25" is checked it means the person wants credit life insurance.

If "BU25" is the only block checked then He wants single credit life.

If "BU25" and "CK24" are both checked then He wants joint credit life.

If "BU25", and "BU28" are checked then He wants single credit life and
disability insurance. (The disability Insurance will need a separate formula
that I will work on once this formula is established) however the single
credit life is higher when purchased with disability insurance so the formuls
has to know if it is being purchased or not).

If "BU25", "CK24" and "BU25" are all checked then the customer wants both
joint credit life and disability insurance.

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure that I'm even trying to use the right
formula.

Here is what I have done so far but it does not work:

=IF(ISBLANK(BU25),"",'SL 2'!E24)((IF(ISBLANK(BU28),(IF(ISBLANK(CK24),'SL
2'!E24,'JL 2'!E24))),(IF(ISBLANK(CK24),'SL&AH 2'!E24,'JL&AH 2'!E24))))

"Blue Hornet" wrote:

I don't really see where you're trying to go with this, Bill. What's
the relationship between BU25 and CK24? Where does BU28 fit in to all
of that?

The first paragraph of the scenario is simple enough, and handled
(apparently) by the first IF function.

From the second paragraph I'm thinking you want something like:

=IF( ISBLANK( BU25), "", IF( ISBLANK( CK24), SL!E24, JL!E24))

But then you threw in the IF regarding BU28, and I'm lost.

I think you need to re-state your problem more clearly. What are all
of the conditions you want to check for, and what are the results you
want?

(It would help a lot to get out of the double-letter columns for
purposes of illustration; I'm confused by the multiplicity of letters,
alternate rows, etc. I'll try to deal with it, but it is a pain.)

Chris

Bob Phillips

Exactly the point I made in one of his previous threads on the same
question.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Blue Hornet" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't really see where you're trying to go with this, Bill. What's
the relationship between BU25 and CK24? Where does BU28 fit in to all
of that?

The first paragraph of the scenario is simple enough, and handled
(apparently) by the first IF function.

From the second paragraph I'm thinking you want something like: