Casey

Default Data Validation for Weekday entries only

Hi.
I have done a google search and can't seem to find a formula for
restricting the user input of a range to weekday dates only. Can this
be done with Data Validation or do I need VBA code. Either solution
would be greatly appreciated.

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394968

aristotle

I'm not sure if I understand your question properly. Do you mean users will
input dates and you want to make sure that the dates correspond to working
days between Monday - Friday?

If so then you can set-up a validation as follows: Go to
Data-Validation-Settings
formula = WEEKDAY(B17,2)<6

Make sure your analysis toolpak is installed (Tools-Addins-Analysis
Toolpak-Ok)

"Casey" wrote:

Hi.
I have done a google search and can't seem to find a formula for
restricting the user input of a range to weekday dates only. Can this
be done with Data Validation or do I need VBA code. Either solution
would be greatly appreciated.

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394968

Casey

aristotle,
Despite my ramblings, you hit the nail on the head. Your solution
worked perfectly. Here is my formula for the range of cells I wanted to
protect.

=WEEKDAY(D20:D119,2)<6

Many Thanks.