Debgala

Default sort dates

I have a report exported to XL as text file and converted to XL. The dates
appear as mm/dd/yy. I want to sort the dates by month & day, but want to
ignore the year. Is this possible? How?
Thanks,
Bob Phillips

Create a helper column with a formula of

=TEXT(A1,"mmdd")

and sort by the helper column

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Debgala" wrote in message
I have a report exported to XL as text file and converted to XL. The

dates
appear as mm/dd/yy. I want to sort the dates by month & day, but want to
ignore the year. Is this possible? How?
Thanks,

David McRitchie

Hi Deb,
Create a helper column, use the fill handle to copy down a formula like:
=Date(0,Month(a1), 1)
---
HTH,