Stacy M via OfficeKB.com

Default Complicated Sum Product Function

I am trying to set up an accounts payable spreadsheet that automatically
calculates what is due to the doctors we work with based on which visits they
have performed. Here's an example:
Visit 1 Visit 2 Visit 3 Total
Amount Due
Amt. Due:
350 175 200
Dates:
5/7/05 5/24/05
"Amount"

I used the sum product function to figure this out, as suggested by someone
on here. (=SUMPRODUCT(--(A7:C7<0),A5:C5)) Where the first range (A7:C7) is
the visit range, and the second being the amount due range. What I'm trying
to figure out is....once we pay off some of those visits, but there's still
an amount due, is there any way to change it so that it is not calculated in
the total? For example, if we wanted to pay Visit 1 (5/7/05), is there
something we could do, such as bold the text, to show that it's already been
paid, as well as keeping it from being included in total amount due?

I apologize if this is confusing--it's hard to explain it to others!! If
anyone could give me some suggestions on what to try, i would really
appreciate it.

Complicated lookup function chrisrowe_cr Excel Worksheet Functions 4 July 19th 05 05:52 PM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
Product Function in Pivot Tables from Multiple Consolidation Range bbishop222 Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 22nd 05 04:55 PM