derskell

Default cube root

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I insert a cube root value
into a formula and what symbol do I use.

Thanks
Lewis Clark

One way: Raise to the 1/3 power. The cube root of x would be x^(1/3).

"derskell" wrote in message
I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I insert a cube root value
into a formula and what symbol do I use.

Thanks

David J. Braden

For the nth root, use x^(1/n); so in your case, use x^(1/3).
HTH
DaveB

"derskell" wrote in message
I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I insert a cube root value
into a formula and what symbol do I use.

Thanks

Bob Phillips

You can also use POWER

=POWER(27,1/3)

--

HTH

RP

"derskell" wrote in message
I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I insert a cube root value
into a formula and what symbol do I use.

Thanks

David J. Braden

Bob,
FWIW, POWER is somewhat slower than what I suggested. Why it is even
included in Excel is one of those Redmond mysteries that I'll never fathom.

DaveB

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You can also use POWER

=POWER(27,1/3)

--

HTH

RP

"derskell" wrote in message
I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I insert a cube root
value
into a formula and what symbol do I use.

Thanks

Bob Phillips

You could say the same about CONCATENATE, totally superfluous IMO.

The only redeeming (?) feature (true of POWER also) is that it is more
self-documenting than &.

Bob