kortrijkzaantje

Default transpose

If you have used formulas it is not possible to use transpose function.
You receive a #REF error. Does anyone have an idea or trick to make
this possible?

Greetz,
Bjorn

--
kortrijkzaantje
kortrijkzaantje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15862

Bernie Deitrick

Bjorn,

You're going to need to give a better explanation, with examples, because that is something I have
never seen when using the TRANSPOSE function. Did you enter the TRANSPOSE function into an array of
cells, and did you enter it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"kortrijkzaantje" <kortrijkzaantje.1t8waq_1123168000.8193@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in message
news:kortrijkzaantje.1t8waq_1123168000.8193@excelf orum-nospam.com...

If you have used formulas it is not possible to use transpose function.
You receive a #REF error. Does anyone have an idea or trick to make
this possible?

Greetz,
Bjorn

--
kortrijkzaantje
kortrijkzaantje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15862
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392915

Jen

I too have had the same problem. Maybe I can clear up the question a bit.
When I have a formula down a column and try to transpose it using paste
special transpose (alone, formula, or formula and value) to a row, I end up
with Ref#. IfThis is b/c although the formula transposes, the reference
cells they originally refer to do not. If I try to type into the cell
destination the array:
=transpose(B2:B128) only the B2 value transposes even though I use
shift-ctrl-enter (yes the brackets did appear). I hope this is more clear.
Is there a way for this to work? Thanks Jen.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Jen

Select the 127 cells across the row before entering the formula in the active
cell.

Then hit CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER

Gord Dibben Excel MVP