Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tony h

Default use a formula as a cell reference in a function

I have a workbook with a Summary sheet and then a series of sheets for
each month/year. Onthe summary sheet I use column A for the month/year
as a date formatted "mmm yy" ie the same as the sheet names.

in columns B,C,D I want formulae that sums or averages a fixed range
on each sheet but I would like the formula to take the sheet name from
Columa A rather than hard coding it.

So that in the example =SUM('Dec 04'!$C$6:$C$47) I want to take the
"Dec 04" from the text in cell A3

Many thanks,

--
tony h