Aussie CPA

Default Shortcut keys assigned to macros/functions in excel

Hi,
Im wondering if anyone knows how I can access a list of shortcut keystrokes
assigned to either in-built excel procedures or custom macros for microsoft
excel.

I want to avoid applying a custom macro to a keystroke that is already
assigned.

Thanks heaps,

Max

Try these 2 links:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm
(Chip Pearson)

http://www.contextures.com/excel.htm
(Debra Dalgleish)
--
Rgds
Max
"Aussie CPA" wrote in message
Im wondering if anyone knows how I can access a list of shortcut

keystrokes
assigned to either in-built excel procedures or custom macros for

microsoft
excel.

I want to avoid applying a custom macro to a keystroke that is already
assigned.

Thanks heaps,

Aussie CPA

Thanks Max.
Is it also possible to access the shortcut keys assigned to macros (I'd say
it would have to be by VBA)? Are they stored anywhere within the application?

"Aussie CPA" wrote in message
Im wondering if anyone knows how I can access a list of shortcut

keystrokes
assigned to either in-built excel procedures or custom macros for

microsoft
excel.

I want to avoid applying a custom macro to a keystroke that is already
assigned.

Thanks heaps,

Max

"Aussie CPA" wrote:
Is it also possible to access the shortcut keys assigned to macros (I'd

say
it would have to be by VBA)? Are they stored anywhere within the

application?

I dunno, sorry. But I did a google search which unearthed this past post by
Ivan F Moala: http://tinyurl.com/8d8s9
which might be relevant.

Do hang around awhile for better insights from others to flow in here.
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

David McRitchie

Ivan Moala has some later material on his site which he
dates 7.Oct.2004 compared to post which was 4.Feb.2004

Getting Macro Short cut keys
http://www.xcelfiles.com/GetShortCutKeys.html

In his words.....
If you've ever wanted to get the short cut keys for your macros listed then here is an Addin that will help you get
these............you know the ones that you have continually added to BUT have now lost a list of them :-)

The Addin will do this for you.
Testing done on Xl97 and Xl2000, but this should work for Microsoft Excel XP.

This Addin will give your;

1) Macro Name

2) Shortcut key

3) Macro description

Max

Thanks for update, David !
It's a much better lead ..
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Aussie CPA

Thanks David and Max!

"Max" wrote:

Thanks for update, David !
It's a much better lead ..
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Max

You're welcome !
Guess you were busy elsewhere, huh <g?
--
Rgds
Max
"Aussie CPA" wrote in message
Thanks David and Max!

Aussie CPA

Truthfully, I forgot about my post until I went to try and assign a macro to
a shortcut again! I mustn't have enabled the email notification properly.

Thx again..

"Max" wrote:

You're welcome !
Guess you were busy elsewhere, huh <g?