Allzero

Default =Cell("color",[reference])

Any ideas why this function is not working for me? I am trying to identify
cells with red color cell content (financial negatives) . Other 'info_types'
are working OK for all colors I get a zero Thanks
David McRitchie

and what do you have for the custom number formatting and value
of the cell being examined.

It works for me: the first appears in red font because of it's custom number format
formula in Col B Format used in Col A
(3.00) 1 =CELL("color",A23) 0.00_);[Red](0.00)
-3 0 =CELL("color",A24) General
1 0 =CELL("color",A25) General

---
HTH,

"Allzero" wrote in message ...
Any ideas why this function is not working for me? I am trying to identify
cells with red color cell content (financial negatives) . Other 'info_types'
are working OK for all colors I get a zero Thanks

Allzero

Thanks David
I had not formatted my cells as you suggested. Now that I do, the F(n)
gives me all ones even for black figures.

"Allzero" wrote in message ...
Any ideas why this function is not working for me? I am trying to identify
cells with red color cell content (financial negatives) . Other 'info_types'
are working OK for all colors I get a zero Thanks

David McRitchie

Ok i see, we are reading the HELP wrong, it is not testing
whether Color is showing only if negative values would be displayed
in color. and black is a color

these formats will show 1 since there is a color for negative values
0.00_);[Red](0.00)
0.00_);[Black](0.00)
0.00_);[Blue](0.00)
these formats will show 0 since there is only automatic color for negative values
0.00_);(0.00)
General
---
HTH,

"Allzero" wrote in message ...
Any ideas why this function is not working for me? I am trying to identify
cells with red color cell content (financial negatives) . Other 'info_types'
are working OK for all colors I get a zero Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All that CELL function does is return 1 if the NEGATIVE value format of a
cell is in colour else 0. Not much sue to you at all.

Add this UDF and use in your worksheet like so

Function IsColour(rng As Range, colour As Long)
IsColour = rng.Font.ColorIndex = colour
End Function

=IsColour(B4,5)

5 is blue. so this will return TRUE or FALSE

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sulivian" wrote in message
I have a list of emails, some are colored, and i want to use the

cell(color)
function (and the if funtion) to place some text next to the colored

cells.

but i can't seem to get the cell(color) function to work. its not showing

'1' when i do the following:

=cell("color",b4) , and b4 is : " " with blue text color

and i dont understand how it works (david explained but i'm not that
computer smart ! )

please help

thanx

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Ok i see, we are reading the HELP wrong, it is not testing
whether Color is showing only if negative values would be displayed
in color. and black is a color

these formats will show 1 since there is a color for negative values
0.00_);[Red](0.00)
0.00_);[Black](0.00)
0.00_);[Blue](0.00)
these formats will show 0 since there is only automatic color for

negative values
0.00_);(0.00)
General
---