Justin

Default Indirect or Vlookup Function

I'm trying to set up an array to look up data on a "closed" workbook. The
workbook name varies depending on data entered on the primary sheet.
(example)
I have workbopok "Sales" Open. in cell A1 I have the reference workbook
name "July". The array would find data in the July workbook while it is
closed and import into B1 in Sales Workbook.
Next month cell A1 would read "August" and look up data in the August
Workbook.
I have tried INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($A1,M21)) A1 is the workbook name and M21
contains the values to find.
Any suggestions you can provide are greatly appreciated.
Biff

Hi!

Even though your formula is incorrect, having to use INDIRECT is the "only"
way to accomplish this. However, using INDIRECT requires that the other file
be OPEN.

Not sure if this will work as I have never tried it but have seen numerous
recommendations for it, do a search in the newsgroup archives for HARLAN
GROVE PULL. He has developed a VBA routine that "pulls" data from a closed
file. The name of the utility is PULL.

Biff