Steve

Default Conversion formula (Proper Case)

I need to use this formula for a mail merg document in excel 2003. I know how
to write the formula but it wont work, it keeps coming up with Error Vaule.
Does anyone know whats causing this and more important how to get round it?
Roger Govier

What formula are you using?
If I enter "roger govier" in cell A1 (without quotes) then in cell B1
=PROPER(A1)
returns Roger Govier

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Steve" wrote in message
I need to use this formula for a mail merg document in excel 2003. I know
how
to write the formula but it wont work, it keeps coming up with Error
Vaule.
Does anyone know whats causing this and more important how to get round
it?

Roger Govier

Hi Steve
No, that's not the problem. It may be that there are some hidden unprintable
characters within the data.
I have got to go out right now so I don't have time o look up the solution
for you, but I'm pretty sure David McRithcie has some code on his site to
"clean up" data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message
I need to use this formula for a mail merg document in excel 2003. I
know
how
to write the formula but it wont work, it keeps coming up with Error
Vaule.
Does anyone know whats causing this and more important how to get round
it?

Steve

Roger,
Thank you for your help, i have had a look at David McRithcie's site but
couldnt find anything, to be honest i dont really know what im looking for.
Any further help would be most helpful.
Thanks again
Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
I need to use this formula for a mail merg document in excel 2003. I
know
how
to write the formula but it wont work, it keeps coming up with Error
Vaule.
Does anyone know whats causing this and more important how to get round
it?

Roger Govier

Hi Steve
If you would like to send me a copy of the file, I will take a look for you.
Remove the NOSPAM from my email address to send direct.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message
I need to use this formula for a mail merg document in excel 2003. I
know
how
to write the formula but it wont work, it keeps coming up with Error
Vaule.
Does anyone know whats causing this and more important how to get
round
it?

David McRitchie

For cleaning up data, see the TrimAll macro, which you can
customize, of course.
based on the Topic you would also be interested in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
---
HTH,