Adam Pisani

Default excel function

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with a column for "date entered", "order booked date"
and "lag" where "lag" is the difference between the "date entered" and the
"order booked date". This is a large spreadsheet and I need to take the
"order booked date" and "lag" and get an average weekly lag. I'm trying to
find a function or way to best do this without having to sort the "order
booked date", etc. The spreadsheet needs to be able to be manipulated by
other columns after.

Thanks for any help!
Ruthki

need to know more about how your data is laid out and how you want to
see the result to give you any specific function advice.

General ideas -
=datedif(start date, end date,"D") this function will allow you to
calc dif between 2 dates in days.

=weeknum(date) will give you the week number

= you can use sumif and countif to sum data and get averages based on
different criteria. Or you can use sum product formula to with
different criteria.

--
Ruthki
Ruthki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24503

Adam Pisani

Thank you very much!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

One way would be
Assuming Columns A,B,and C for your three headings
=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$1000=DATE(2005,7,24)),--($B$2:$B$10000<=DATE(2005,7,31)),$C$2:$C$10000)
/SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$1000=DATE(2005,7,24)),--($B$2:$B$10000<=DATE(2005,7,31))
for the current week.
You could have cells holding the relevant dates for the start and end of
weeks and subsitute those in the formula in place of
DATE(2205,7,24) etc.

--
Regards
Roger Govier