Junior Member

Default SUMIF Formula with automatic updating dates in forumla.

I have a spreadsheet (workbook 2) where I am getting date from another spreadsheet (workbook 1) and it gets data according to different tabs with in workbook 1, at the moment I am have to manually change the date each time according to the tab I need to data from, is there a way that this can change automatically?

The formula I am using is as follows;

=SUMIF('[Daily report 03.01.2012.xlsx]06.02.2012'!$A:$A,A7,'[Daily report 03.01.2012.xlsx]06.02.2012'!$O:$O)

06.02.2012 - needs to change according to a date in cell AJ4, in the next section it will need to change according to the date in AP4 & so on.

Hope that I have explained clearly enough.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I might use a macro to edit replace or do it manually. Or, if source
wb is OPEN use INDIRECT.

--
BurnToasT

Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, how would I do that exactly, as I have tried the indirect method but couldnt seem to get it right.

regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Guillett[_2_] View Post