Junior Member

Default Many youths would appreciate your help...

Hi all..

I am trying to establish my first co-office business that will allow for new, young entrepreneurs a place to work and start their business. I have tried to work on excel as much as I can but am now stuck with a Formula and would be MUCH indebted with any assistance or advice.

Background:

I will be offering 5 styles of rooms (Small to Large) that can house 1-5 people respectively. (Column B23 - Column B33 provides a drop down list of Suite Types 1-5)
I have another column (Columb C23-C33) that provides a drop down list to allow the selection of whether the rooms are Window Facing or Internal rooms. The rent for a Window Facing unit will be 30% more than Internal Units.
I have listed down the Internal Rack Rate of rooms for Suite 1 to 5 in Column E11 to E15

HELP WITH: By inputing (through the drop down menus) the selection of (a) Suite Type (Colm B) and (b) Window/NonWindow (Colm C), I am hoping to be able to automate the Rent in Column E23-E33

I would be MUCH helped with any advice ...

*I use Excel 2010*

Thank you !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Using Dependent Data Validation would be a good starting point.

Similar to your existing drop-downs, but they filter out data that does
not fit the previous criteria:

Debra Dalgliesh has numerous examples, this should get you on the right
track as it has step-by-step instructions on how to set it up.

Once you have that setup, you can move onto a Index/Match table array to
look-up for your variations in charges.

HTH
Mick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 20:02:34 +0000, MadHatter wrote:
I am trying to establish my first co-office business that will allow for

Wrong newsgroup.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...