Lori Burton

Default AVGIF

I'm looking for a way to get the average of numbers in a column that meet a
certain critiera. For instance, in one column, I will have numbers ranging
from 1 thru 6. I am not interested in having the number 6 averaged into the
total. (In essence 6 is assigned through an option button that really should
be 0 and I don't want zeros included as part of my averaging)
--
Lori
Aladin Akyurek

=AVERAGE(IF(1-(Range=Exclude),Range))

which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter.

Exclude stands for a number that you want to exlude from the average like 6.