raspywench

Default IF Help

I am trying to find the right formula for the following:

If Name in Column A on Sheet 1 matches the Name in Column A on Sheet 2,
I want the adjacent results from Column B on Sheet 2 to show in Column B
on Sheet 1.

The name columns do not necessarily have the same information in them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
raspywench
raspywench's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20717

Anne Troy

You can use a vlookup. Here's how:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"raspywench" wrote
in message ...

I am trying to find the right formula for the following:

If Name in Column A on Sheet 1 matches the Name in Column A on Sheet 2,
I want the adjacent results from Column B on Sheet 2 to show in Column B
on Sheet 1.

The name columns do not necessarily have the same information in them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
raspywench
raspywench's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389764

Govind

Use Vlookup formula. For eg. if your range in Sheet 2 is from A1 to B100
and you want the data in column B of Sheet 2 to appear once the name
column in sheet 1 and sheet 2 are matched, use

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B100,2,FALSE)

Govind.