dizzyjulie19

Default How do I get data to automatically flow to another sheet? excel 20

I am building a workbook. I have one page that keeps track of our employees'
hours
and lists what job location they worked at. each week this is different.
What I need to do is on the second page of the work book I need to have the
job #'s listed in order, and then I need it to somehow be able to read where
that job # is listed on the first page and collect and add the total number
of hours listed for that job and automatically fill in the data.

Example of Page one

Jose Cuervo

Job# 2007 Mon 8 hrs Tues 8hrs Wed 0 Thurs 0 Fri. 0
Job #2008 Mon 0 hrs Tues 0hrs Wed 8 Thurs 8 Fri 8

Joe Shmoe

Job#2009 Mon 8 Tues......
Job# 2007 Mon 8 Tues 8

We have 40 employees that work at a variety of job locations during the week
so
the job #'s for each employee is never the same

Page 2 would compile the data like this

2007 32 hours
2008 24
2009 8

Thanks for your help
Morrigan

Make an extra column at the end of Page one to sum the number of hours
for that one particular job. On Page two, just need to do a SUMIF().

Help that helps.

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094