Jan Buckley

Default DAYS360

I used DAYS360 to calculate the number of days between today (Jul 21) and 2
NOV 2005 as follows: =DAYS360(TODAY(),"11/02/2005") and got 101. However,
when I actually count the days on the calendar (Jul=10, Aug=31, Sep=30,
Oct=31, Nov=1) I get 103. Can you tell me why there is a discrepancy? The
only thing I could come up with is there are two holidays in that time frame
- does function DAYS360 excude holidays? Thanks.
JE McGimpsey

The DAYS360 is not exact because, as Help explains

Calculates the number of days from one date to another date based on
a 360-day year (twelve 30-day months), which is used in some

To calculate the exact days, just use subtraction:

=DATE(2005,11,2)-TODAY()

and format as General or a Number.

In article ,
"Jan Buckley" wrote:

I used DAYS360 to calculate the number of days between today (Jul 21) and 2
NOV 2005 as follows: =DAYS360(TODAY(),"11/02/2005") and got 101. However,
when I actually count the days on the calendar (Jul=10, Aug=31, Sep=30,
Oct=31, Nov=1) I get 103. Can you tell me why there is a discrepancy? The
only thing I could come up with is there are two holidays in that time frame
- does function DAYS360 excude holidays? Thanks.

Jan Buckley

How can I use this same formula, or another one if available, to calculate
the days, and exclude the holidays. I tried to use workdays, but that
excludes the weekends also. Thanks.

"Jan Buckley" wrote:

I used DAYS360 to calculate the number of days between today (Jul 21) and 2
NOV 2005 as follows: =DAYS360(TODAY(),"11/02/2005") and got 101. However,
when I actually count the days on the calendar (Jul=10, Aug=31, Sep=30,
Oct=31, Nov=1) I get 103. Can you tell me why there is a discrepancy? The
only thing I could come up with is there are two holidays in that time frame
- does function DAYS360 excude holidays? Thanks.

JE McGimpsey

One way, put the holidays in a column. Name it, say, "holidays". Assume
A1 contains your end date. Then

=A1-TODAY()-SUMPRODUCT(--(holidays=TODAY()),--(holidays<=A1))