mulhod

Default Date Calculations

I am familiar with the YEARFRAC function to calculate the period between two
dates. Rather than display the answer as a decimal, I require to show Years,
Months and Days. Can anyone advise how I might do this?

Many thanks

Derek.
Niek Otten

Hi Derek,

See

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"mulhod" wrote in message
I am familiar with the YEARFRAC function to calculate the period between
two
dates. Rather than display the answer as a decimal, I require to show
Years,
Months and Days. Can anyone advise how I might do this?

Many thanks

Derek.

AnisaF

A B C

First Date Second Date
1 Date 10-Dec-1970 20-Jul-2005
2 Years 34
3 Months 7
4 Day's 10

In Cell B3 put the formula =DATEDIF($B$2,$C$2,"Y")

In Cell B4 put the formula =DATEDIF($B$2,$C$2,"YM")

In Cell B5 put the formula =DATEDIF($B$2,$C$2,"MD")

--
Anisa