jenn

Default refresh auto filter

is there a way to reset the auto filter so that the filter is still ON but
nothing is filtered out? Normally I go to DataFilterAuto filter to turn it
off and then go turn it on again
CLR

Go to the top of the "filtered column(s)" and choose the "All"
selection........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jenn" wrote in message
is there a way to reset the auto filter so that the filter is still ON but
nothing is filtered out? Normally I go to DataFilterAuto filter to turn

it
off and then go turn it on again

jenn

yes... is there a way to change all the filter columns to ALL... rather than
turn the auto filter off and back on... or changing the filterd columns back
to ALL.

"jenn" wrote:

is there a way to reset the auto filter so that the filter is still ON but
nothing is filtered out? Normally I go to DataFilterAuto filter to turn it
off and then go turn it on again

Debra Dalgleish

Choose DataFilter Show All

If you use this feature frequently, you can add the Show All button to
one of your toolbars:

Choose ToolsCustomize
Select the Commands tab
Select the Data category
In the list of Commands, find Show All, and drag it to one of your toolbars.
Close the Customize dialog box.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default auto filter

i sometimes filter a column of data then when i want to filter additional
columns of data i have to remove the filter then apply auto filter again to
all the selected columns. is there a quick way of filtering additional
columns to an already filtered worksheet???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Anthony

If you have applied Autofilter to your header row, there will be a
dropdown button on each cell in your header.
Make the selection on the first dropdown you wish to use, and the symbol
down arrow will change from black to blue.
Now use any other dropdown to further filter that filtered list. There
is no need to remove Autofilter first.

To show all data, choose DataFilterShow All which will remove all
filters, and show all data whilst retaining the Filter dropdowns.
--
Regards

Roger Govier