JWS Wholesale

Default I need to merge lots of info, w/o copy paste?

First let me just say this is all new to me, but I need to know it as it
will make my job much easier, so I am willing to learn.

I need to merge 2 excel files -- I did do a search but due to my
rookie-ness, I wasn't even sure what I was reading -- They both contain
similar info. Product, description among others. One (sheet A) is
updated about every 15 minutes and the other maybe once a month. So,
sheet A is the best one for me to use for my job.

Sheet A has Product #, inventory, product cost, weight and a summarized
description.
Sheet B has Product #, detailed short and long descriptions, MSRP,
category, weights, and a bunch more related.

I need to get the cost information from sheet A (cause it's most
recent) to match with sheet B by product number. If a product gets
discontinued, it is removed from sheet A, whereas sheet B will contain
until the next major update. This is why the product # field must
match with desc. etc. I use the sheet A to upload all products to our
website. Once I have all the columns matched up (which takes forever)
I just format the sheet to specs and I upload it. I have tried copy
this paste that in the past and have run into some trouble making sure
descriptions are lined up for the relevant product #. I have run into
prices not matching prod. #'s, as well as descriptions or categories
being wrong.

I was hoping there was an easier than "copy & paste" way to do this.
Please help if you can and I appreciate any help in a "walkthrough"
manner that you can provide.

--
JWS Wholesale
JWS Wholesale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25327