Centurian

Default culmulative calculations

what is formula to produce culmative totals across rows in Excel
Anne Troy

Tough to provide without an example.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Centurian" wrote in message
what is formula to produce culmative totals across rows in Excel

Centurian

"Centurian" wrote:

what is formula to produce culmative totals across rows in Excel

Example ................
Ist row of data in Excel s/s is no of units rented monthly
what formula can I put in 2nd row to calculate culmative rental income
e.g Row No 4, Col 1= 10 col 2 = 12 col 3 = 20
2nd row formula maually Col 1 = b4*25, Col 2 b4+c4*25, Col 3 b4+c4+d4*25 etc.

That's a log way of doing it, is there a short cut?
Thanks Anne
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=SUM($B4:B4)*25

Drag copy across as needed.

Biff

"Centurian" wrote in message

"Centurian" wrote:

what is formula to produce culmative totals across rows in Excel

Example ................
Ist row of data in Excel s/s is no of units rented monthly
what formula can I put in 2nd row to calculate culmative rental income
e.g Row No 4, Col 1= 10 col 2 = 12 col 3 = 20
2nd row formula maually Col 1 = b4*25, Col 2 b4+c4*25, Col 3 b4+c4+d4*25
etc.

That's a log way of doing it, is there a short cut?
Thanks Anne

Centurian

Thanks Biff but I regret it did not solve the prob. Resigned to doing long way

Centurian

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

=SUM($B4:B4)*25

Drag copy across as needed.

Biff

"Centurian" wrote in message

"Centurian" wrote:

what is formula to produce culmative totals across rows in Excel

Example ................
Ist row of data in Excel s/s is no of units rented monthly
what formula can I put in 2nd row to calculate culmative rental income
e.g Row No 4, Col 1= 10 col 2 = 12 col 3 = 20
2nd row formula maually Col 1 = b4*25, Col 2 b4+c4*25, Col 3 b4+c4+d4*25
etc.

That's a log way of doing it, is there a short cut?
Thanks Anne

Sandy Mann

Anne,

If you are just looking for a formula to replace the formulas you gave: Col
1 = b4*25, Col 2 b4+c4*25, Col 3 b4+c4+d4*25 formulas then note that with
the data you gave ie 10, 12, 20, your formula will calculate (10 + 12) +(20
* 25) ie 522 or is that what you want or do you want (10 + 12 + 20) * 25 ie
1050 which to my mind makes more sense.

for the first scenario try =B4*25 in Col 1 as you said and then
=SUM($B$4:B4)+C4*25 in Col 2 and copy across using the fill handle.

For the second scenario try =SUM($B$4:B4)*25 in Col 1 and copy across.

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk
"Centurian" wrote in message
Thanks Biff but I regret it did not solve the prob. Resigned to doing long

way

Centurian

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!