Mckenna

Default What is the purpose or why would I use watch cell?

What is the usefulness of watching cells? I have just upgraded from Office
pro 97 to Office Pro 03 Clearly MS has devoted some energy into creating this
function - but when might a person benefit by having the watch window open?
What cells would be worth watching?

I have some spreadsheets that link to several sheets within the file and to
other sheets in other files. Is there a time when a watch can help and if so
how?

thanks...for any ideas or suggestions!
malik641

I JUST looked what a watch window was JUST now and well, for the
spreadsheets that I have to work with and I have to correct for my
co-workers, it's extremely useful. The spreadsheets that I work with
have TONS of information in them with Total values (or whatever values
that are collected) that are WAY out of range to keep an eye on. Like
spreadsheets with all months from the last 2 years that have total
values in let's say A34 when the new info that will change A34 is on
EE30. Now I know that there are more efficient ways to create
spreadsheets (and that's why they hired me to fix all of them
), but the one's that were already made that I have to fix are not as
effecient and this tool is very useful. Well, at least for me.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190