Na'an

Default How do you...

ok. I have some formulas set in Excel. Is there a way to make it so that
the number would automatically turn red if the outcome of the formula is a
negative number? Oh I have Office XP, incase that makes a difference.
Niek Otten

Look in HELP for FormatConditional Formatting

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Na'an" wrote in message
ok. I have some formulas set in Excel. Is there a way to make it so that
the number would automatically turn red if the outcome of the formula is a
negative number? Oh I have Office XP, incase that makes a difference.

bj

check <format<cells<number<custom and select one which has [RED]

"Na'an" wrote:

ok. I have some formulas set in Excel. Is there a way to make it so that
the number would automatically turn red if the outcome of the formula is a
negative number? Oh I have Office XP, incase that makes a difference.

cgarrett1999

1-Select the cell(s)

2-Go to Format in the toolbar, Format Conditional Formatting...

3-Condition1, choose "Cell Value Is"

4-Next drop choose, "Less than"

5-Place a "0" (zero) in the next box

6-Click the "Format..." button