Brad N

Default Ingoring text in a formula

I know this has to be an easy problem to overcome, but I have not had
any luck finding a solution.

I have a spreadsheet listing our options and pricing to our customers.
I have a column that contains the quantity and another for the list
price. I would like to add a column showing the price x quantity.
Many of our "options" are included in the price of the system, so the
price of this option shows "included". However, I am not able to
multiply the quantity number times this text.

I would like it to treat this text as a 0, without having to show the
number 0 (I feel "included" is more intuitive for customers).

Is this possible?

Roger Govier

Hi Brad

With price in A, Quantity in B and your resulting new column as C
=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1*B1,"")

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Brad N" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know this has to be an easy problem to overcome, but I have not had
any luck finding a solution.

I have a spreadsheet listing our options and pricing to our customers.
I have a column that contains the quantity and another for the list
price. I would like to add a column showing the price x quantity.
Many of our "options" are included in the price of the system, so the
price of this option shows "included". However, I am not able to
multiply the quantity number times this text.

I would like it to treat this text as a 0, without having to show the
number 0 (I feel "included" is more intuitive for customers).

Is this possible?

JE McGimpsey

If your data is set up like:

A B C D E F