Barguast

Default What function(s) to use?

Sorry about the vague title but I've really got no idea how to describe this.
Instead I'll try to explain my problem by example.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/9...elquery2jk.png

If you take a look at the above picture, you'll see that there are two rows
of data. What I want to do is have Excel work out how many 'A' items have
'Yes' next to them (and similarity, how many B's do)

Can someone tell me what the formula for that would be?

Thanks in Advance
Roger Govier

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(B1:B10="YES"))

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Barguast" wrote in message
Sorry about the vague title but I've really got no idea how to describe
this.
Instead I'll try to explain my problem by example.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/9...elquery2jk.png

If you take a look at the above picture, you'll see that there are two
rows
of data. What I want to do is have Excel work out how many 'A' items have
'Yes' next to them (and similarity, how many B's do)

Can someone tell me what the formula for that would be?

Thanks in Advance

Bob Phillips

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(B1:B10="YES"))

:-)