JPreeshl

Default How to add the 10 smallest numbers out of a range of 20 numbers.

I am trying to figure out a golf handicap. I need to add the 10 lowest
scores out of a range of numbers that will always be changing as I add more
golf scores. Is there a formula for this?

Biff

Hi!

Don't you mean that you need to average the 10 lowest scores from the last
20 scores?

Are the scores down a column or across a row? Are there any blank cells in
the range? Are there any zeros in the range? Are there 20 scores? If there
aren't 20 scores, then what?

Biff

"JPreeshl" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a golf handicap. I need to add the 10 lowest
scores out of a range of numbers that will always be changing as I add
more
golf scores. Is there a formula for this?

Martin P

Name your range of scores "golfscores". Some of the cells may be blank,
possibly for additional future scores to be entered. I have taken this to be
in column A.
In cell B1 enter
=IF(ISBLANK(A1)=FALSE,A1+ROW(A1)/1000,1000*ROW(A1))
Copy down and name this range "uniquescores". Golfscores and Uniquescores
must have the same number of cells.
In cell C1 enter
=SUMPRODUCT(--(uniquescores<=$B1))
Copy down and name the range "Places". This must also have the same number
of cells as the other two named ranges.
Cells D1 to D10 contain the numbers 1 to 10.
In cell E1 enter
=SUMPRODUCT(golfscores,--(places=$D1))
Copy down to cell E10.