Brian07002

Default Quick Little Function Help...

Hi,

Basically, what I need to accomplish is this:

I have ran a web query with excel 2003, and the site I ran this query
on gave me result like this:

In one row of the workbook, I have:

_PRODUCT_ID_:

0001
Item #:
0002
Item #:
0003 ID:
Item #:

What I need to do is remove the cells that say Item #: and then shift
the cells up so that the item numbers are the only ones in that row and
no spaces between them.

Thanks alot for your help in advance!
-Brian

--
Brian07002
Brian07002's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15915

Ron Coderre

Here are 2 ways to do this:

Easiest:
1)Sort the list. (all the "Item #:" will goup together)
2)Select the "Item #:" rows and delete them
Done (but you lose the original order)

OR

DataFilterAutoFilter
Product ID dropdown, select "Item #:"

Then
select the displayed "Item #:" rows (all at once)
EditGoTo[Special...] Visible Cells Only
EditDeleteEntire Row
DataFilterShow All
Done

Does that help?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Brian07002

Thank you so much! It worked great!

-Brian

--
Brian07002
Brian07002's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15915
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385676

Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
"Group" function very slow with Excel 2003 :( ... While very quick with Excel2000 :O) Alain79 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 14th 05 07:34 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM