AliceNXLand

Default IF function

Please help me, I get a FALSE instead of the True or the "a" I thought I was
supposed to get.

In column C are numbers. In column D is this equation. In column F thru K
are my criteria (cheat sheet). Should I use the numbers that I want the
function to look for? or should I use the addresses (F1:F6, etc.). And do
you see anything wrong with my equation?

=IF(C1="6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89","a")
Ron Coderre

Your original formula is trying to see if C1 is the string
"6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89"

Try this formula:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C1,{6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89},0)) ,"a")

Does that help?
Ron

"AliceNXLand" wrote:

Please help me, I get a FALSE instead of the True or the "a" I thought I was
supposed to get.

In column C are numbers. In column D is this equation. In column F thru K
are my criteria (cheat sheet). Should I use the numbers that I want the
function to look for? or should I use the addresses (F1:F6, etc.). And do
you see anything wrong with my equation?

=IF(C1="6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89","a")

Alok

Another way is

=IF(OR(C1={6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89}),"a","b")

the above has to be array entered.(Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

Alok

"AliceNXLand" wrote:

Please help me, I get a FALSE instead of the True or the "a" I thought I was
supposed to get.

In column C are numbers. In column D is this equation. In column F thru K
are my criteria (cheat sheet). Should I use the numbers that I want the
function to look for? or should I use the addresses (F1:F6, etc.). And do
you see anything wrong with my equation?

=IF(C1="6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89","a")

Sandy Mann

"Alok" wrote in message
Another way is

=IF(OR(C1={6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89}),"a","b")

the above has to be array entered.(Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

It works for me without being array entered.

--
Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

","a")

Alok

You are right.
Alok

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

"Alok" wrote in message
Another way is

=IF(OR(C1={6,11,12,84,86,87,88,89}),"a","b")

the above has to be array entered.(Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

It works for me without being array entered.

--
Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

","a")

I NEED HELP with the SPELLNUMBER Function vag Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 21st 05 08:17 AM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM