Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 2 criteria

Hi

In Col A I have dates, many of the dates appearing more than once and
not in any order in the column, and in Col H I have a Y R or CN
corresponding to each date. I want, in 3 columns, to show the number
of Ys, Rs and CNs for each date.

Hope that's clear!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"robzrob" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi

In Col A I have dates, many of the dates appearing more than once and
not in any order in the column, and in Col H I have a Y R or CN
corresponding to each date. I want, in 3 columns, to show the number
of Ys, Rs and CNs for each date.

Hope that's clear!

Supposing that dates are in range A2:A27, put in J1 Y, in K1 R and in L1 CN

In I2 formula is:
=SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$27,$A$2:$A$27),$A$2:$A $27),ROW(A1))
to fill down until you get dates

In Y2:
=SUM(($A$2:$A$27=$I2)*($H$2:$H$27=J$1))
matricial