Tsjah

Default Copying cell values once and then making them static

Hello,

Is it possible to copy values from one cell in to another (automaticly) and
then just storing the copied value, not the formula? This is for changing
numbers I would like to store dayly. Up to now I just do a copy, paste
special, values, but obviously I tend to forget..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mike

bj

I would customize your tool bar, Remove the standard Paste button and add
the paste values button. You could still paste from the drop down menu,

If you only want to do this sometimes you could put together a quick menu to
trade the two buttons as needed.
"Tsjah" wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to copy values from one cell in to another (automaticly) and
then just storing the copied value, not the formula? This is for changing
numbers I would like to store dayly. Up to now I just do a copy, paste
special, values, but obviously I tend to forget..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mike

Tsjah

Hmm, I usually use ctrl-v to paste.. But still, I want it to happen
automaticly, something like "=permanent(blah!C33) but unfortunately there is
no such function (as far as I know)

Thanks anyway!

"Tsjah" wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to copy values from one cell in to another (automaticly)
and
then just storing the copied value, not the formula? This is for changing
numbers I would like to store dayly. Up to now I just do a copy, paste
special, values, but obviously I tend to forget..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mike

bj

another option would be to make a macro something like

Sub pastval()
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub
in <tools<marcos<macro select options and set your own Control combo
unfortunately it has to include shift so that you can't just replace Control V
I used Control shift V in my trial

"Tsjah" wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to copy values from one cell in to another (automaticly)
and
then just storing the copied value, not the formula? This is for changing
numbers I would like to store dayly. Up to now I just do a copy, paste
special, values, but obviously I tend to forget..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mike

Tsjah

Hmm, sounds good, but what I really want is that when I copy the line to a
new one, it goes and fetches some data once, and then leaves it alone, every
time I make a new copy of the line.. Having to press keys in certain cells
for that purpose would be too much work..

Thanks again!

"Tsjah" wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to copy values from one cell in to another
(automaticly)
and
then just storing the copied value, not the formula? This is for
changing
numbers I would like to store dayly. Up to now I just do a copy, paste
special, values, but obviously I tend to forget..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mike

bj

A non volital user defined function might do what you want
for Example
function exr1()
exr1=Cells(1,1)
end function

if you enter =exr1() in a cell it would enter the current value of A1 in the
cell which would not change unless you entered the cell again