Christine

Default Calculating a date in Excel...

I've seen several postings on this but all of them seem much more complicated
than what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a spredsheet that contains a Start Date.

I have several tasks that have to be done on a specified # of weeks (could
change to days if easier) before that start date.

I tried using =(Weekday) but can't seem to make it work. I entered
=WEEKDAY(B3-
B6) - my start date is in B3 and formatted as a date, and the # of days
before that date is entered in B6.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Thanks for your help

Christine
Anne Troy

I don't understand the goal...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Christine" wrote in message
I've seen several postings on this but all of them seem much more

complicated
than what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a spredsheet that contains a Start Date.

I have several tasks that have to be done on a specified # of weeks (could
change to days if easier) before that start date.

I tried using =(Weekday) but can't seem to make it work. I entered
=WEEKDAY(B3-
B6) - my start date is in B3 and formatted as a date, and the # of days
before that date is entered in B6.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Thanks for your help

Christine

Christine

Hi Anne,

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Let me try this again.

Cell B1 has a date in it. In this case 7-Sep-2005.

Cell B6 has the number of weeks before 7-Sep-2005 that a task should be
completed by. In this case it is 8. (Just calculating it manually, it would
roughly result with a date of July 14th).

I have several tasks that need to be completed prior to the start date of
7-Sep-05 and all of them need to be calculated a certain number of weeks out
- but not the same number of weeks.

In looking though help it looks as if Excel wants it calculated in days so I
can change the weeks to days (i.e. 4 weeks out becomes 28 days out).

I want cell C6 to return the date that the task should be completed by.

Does that make more sense?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

I don't understand the goal...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Christine" wrote in message
I've seen several postings on this but all of them seem much more

complicated
than what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a spredsheet that contains a Start Date.

I have several tasks that have to be done on a specified # of weeks (could
change to days if easier) before that start date.

I tried using =(Weekday) but can't seem to make it work. I entered
=WEEKDAY(B3-
B6) - my start date is in B3 and formatted as a date, and the # of days
before that date is entered in B6.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Thanks for your help

Christine

Christine

Hi Bob,

That works and just makes too much sense! I kept reading all the posts about
calculating dates and was making it too complicated.

I appreciate the help.

Anne, thanks for your help also.

Christine

"Bob Phillips" wrote: