Screen/Display size

Default prevent overtyping cells

How do you prevent users overtyping cells?? I have created a form in Excel
2003 for users to fill in. The form has enbedded formula. I have trie
dplaying around with LOCK and PROTECT to stop users mistakenly overtyping the
formulae and headings........ but without success.

Can You help??
swatsp0p

First, UNLOCK only the cells you want the user to enter data, all other
cells should be locked.

Next, choose ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet

on the Protect Sheet dialog box, UNCHECK the Select Locked Cells option
(enter a password if desired) and click OK.

Users will now be able to only access unlocked cells, thus protecting
all of your formular and informational cells.

Good luck

Bruce

--
swatsp0p