lovelaughing

Default Time: 11.45 = 11:45

Is there a way to be able to type it in a number (i.e. 11.45) and have it
display as a time (11:45)? When I format the cell to display as time I have
to type the hour, a colon, and minutes. Is there any way around this?
Bob Phillips

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
.Value = TimeSerial(Int(.Value), .Value * 100 Mod 100, 0)
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"lovelaughing" wrote in message
Is there a way to be able to type it in a number (i.e. 11.45) and have it
display as a time (11:45)? When I format the cell to display as time I

have
to type the hour, a colon, and minutes. Is there any way around this?

lovelaughing

I am SO lost with that response! I am not sure what I just read! Are these
instruction on how to change the cells? I really appreciate you replying but
could you bring it way down to a beginners instructions??!! :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
.Value = TimeSerial(Int(.Value), .Value * 100 Mod 100, 0)
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"lovelaughing" wrote in message
Is there a way to be able to type it in a number (i.e. 11.45) and have it
display as a time (11:45)? When I format the cell to display as time I

have
to type the hour, a colon, and minutes. Is there any way around this?

Peo Sjoblom

The instructions are here

copy the code from the answer you got and paste it, Bob's example is using
the range H1:H10, you can change that to whatever you want the range to be

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm

you need a macro to get this conversion done or you can use autocorrect and
replace a period with a colon

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
.Value = TimeSerial(Int(.Value), .Value * 100 Mod 100, 0)
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"lovelaughing" wrote in message
Is there a way to be able to type it in a number (i.e. 11.45) and have
it
display as a time (11:45)? When I format the cell to display as time I

have
to type the hour, a colon, and minutes. Is there any way around this?

Fred Smith

If you want a solution which doesn't involve macros, you can change the number
11.45 to a time of 11:45 with the formula:

=TIME(INT(A1),MOD(A1,1)*100,0)

To use this, you could set up your spreadsheet to enter the number in one cell,
then have an adjacent cell use this formula to convert it to a time, then work
with that.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail