Cyndi Nagel via OfficeKB.com

Default IF with additonal Functions

I need a formula to calculate based on 2 scenarios for aging job vacancies.
the data reads as follows:

A B C D E
STORE POSITION DATE OPEN DATE FILLED TODAY
4 ASM 3/1/2005 6/23/2005 7/1/2005
3 SALES 4/10/2005

I want the formula to look at column D for a date, or a blank. If Blank
calculate days between date open & today. If D is not blanK, calculate days
between C & D. Is there an IF statement I can use for this?

Thanks for any help!

Cyndi
Anne Troy

Hi, Cyndi. Try this:
=if(isblank(D2),c2-now(),d2-c2)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Cyndi Nagel via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I need a formula to calculate based on 2 scenarios for aging job

vacancies.
the data reads as follows:

A B C D E
STORE POSITION DATE OPEN DATE FILLED TODAY
4 ASM 3/1/2005 6/23/2005 7/1/2005
3 SALES 4/10/2005

I want the formula to look at column D for a date, or a blank. If Blank
calculate days between date open & today. If D is not blanK, calculate

days
between C & D. Is there an IF statement I can use for this?

Thanks for any help!

Cyndi

CLR

Maybe........

=MAX(NOW()-C2,D2-C2) formatted as number

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3