Patrick White

Default average range function

Hi all

I am trying to work out the average value of Column A1:A500.

What I am needing is a formula that will exclude 0 from the calculations to
give a true average.

Probably an easy one, but cannot seem to locate the correct formula.

Cheers

Patrick

Zakir Ulla

Hi Patrick,

you could use the DAverage formula to only sum values greater than 0

EXAMPLE
|-----------|

values
0

values
0
0
0
0
1
1
1
1
=DAVERAGE(A3:A11,"values",A1:A2)

|---------|

COPY (from values) THE ABOVE AN EXCEL SHEET AND SEE IT WORK!

Regards,
Zakir Ulla

Patrick White said the following on 30/06/2005 1:59 PM:
Hi all

I am trying to work out the average value of Column A1:A500.

What I am needing is a formula that will exclude 0 from the calculations to
give a true average.

Probably an easy one, but cannot seem to locate the correct formula.

Cheers

Patrick

Zakir Ulla

Hi Patrick,

Enclosed please find a working example of the sheet.

The only error that i think is in CELL A2, where you need to type "0"

Test it and reply back

Regards,
Zakir Ulla