Diane1477

Default Help with week day count with range

My data is:

First Date 3/9/05
Last Date 5/12/05

Month Workdays*
February-05
March-05
April-05
May-05
June-05
July-05
August-05

I need to calculate the number of avialble work days per month, but I also
need to have the formula adjust to account for the start and end dates.

In the above example is there a formula to calculate:

March-05 (Number of weekdays in March (subtracting the week days
excluded by the start date)
April-05 (Number of weekdays in April)
May-05 (Number of weekdays in May (subtracting the weekdays
excluded by the end date)

I don't know how to creat the proper IF statement or weekday formula.

Please Help!

N Harkawat

Assuming that the start date is on cell A1 and end date on cell A2
and all your months are listed from A4 thru A12 like
1/1/05
2/1/05

On cell B4 type
=NETWORKDAYS(MAX(A4,$A$1),MIN($A$2,DATE(YEAR(A4),M ONTH(A4)+1,0)))

and copy all the way down thru B12