Tracey

Default 2 formulae to go in one cell

Hello,

I have this simple formula which populates cell C12 with a value

=(A1*10)-100

I then want to check the resulting value and if it is less then 1200, set
the value of C12 to 1200 anyway. If the result is over 1200 then I want it
to show the result of the formula. Is this possible?

I was hoping just to join the first formula with this one:

=IF(C12<1200,1200,IF(C121200,C12))

but it doesn't work!

Thanks again for any help
Tracey

Dana DeLouis

Perhaps in C12:

=MAX((A1*10)-100,1200)

HTH. :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Tracey" wrote in message
Hello,

I have this simple formula which populates cell C12 with a value

=(A1*10)-100

I then want to check the resulting value and if it is less then 1200, set
the value of C12 to 1200 anyway. If the result is over 1200 then I want it
to show the result of the formula. Is this possible?

I was hoping just to join the first formula with this one:

=IF(C12<1200,1200,IF(C121200,C12))

but it doesn't work!

Thanks again for any help
Tracey

Tracey

Thank-you very much Lewis and Dana for your help, much appreciated