Brandon

Default placing NOW function in IF function

Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

bj

You cannot change another cell with a formula.
You will need to use a macro to do that.
the appropriate code will depend on when you wnat the time stamp to occur.

The Now() function is not a good time stamp unless you copy and paste
special values as you apply it.
=now() in a cell will show current time (IE tomorrow it will show tomorrow,
not today.)

"Brandon" wrote:

Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

Don Guillett

try
=if(a1=2,now(),"")
be advised it will change each time the formula in a1 is true. So, if you
want a time STAMP not to change you will need a macro that only fires when
you desire. Further info?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Brandon" wrote in message
Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

JE McGimpsey

Using NOW() will cause your timestamp to update every time the sheet
calculates. If that's what you want:

=IF(A1<100,NOW(),"")

Otherwise, see

In article ,
"Brandon" wrote:

Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

Brandon

Thank you for your reply,
This is what I need to do. If Cell A1=Yes then I need cell B1 to get a
time stamp. I hope this helps explain what i'm trying to do exactly.
Thanks

"Brandon" wrote:

Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

Brandon

Thank You all for your replies
I guess i have to make a macro but i'm pretty unexperienced at that. Any
help would be great.
Thanks a ton!!
Brandon:)

"Brandon" wrote:

Hey,
I'm trying to use the IF function to create a time stamp in another cell
if the Logical_Test is true. I'm kinda at a loss. If anyone could help me
that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much.:)

JE McGimpsey

Check the link to David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros"
article on the page I referenced.

In article ,
"Brandon" wrote:

I guess i have to make a macro but i'm pretty unexperienced at that. Any
help would be great.

Brandon

Hey,
I toyed around with this formula and got it to work:
=IF(A74=Inventory!A51,NOW(),"")
Thanks to all for your help
Brandon

p.s I did it without using any of the macros, thanks to all who suggested
it. I'm going to learn more about them now:)

"Brandon" wrote:

I guess i have to make a macro but i'm pretty unexperienced at that. Any
help would be great.

bj

Again a warning about the Now(). it will update whenever the file is saved
or opened.

"Brandon" wrote:

I guess i have to make a macro but i'm pretty unexperienced at that. Any
help would be great.

I NEED HELP with the SPELLNUMBER Function vag Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 21st 05 08:17 AM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM