Laurie21

Default Using = sign will link data between sheets but not colour. Why?

If I put = in a cell in sheet 1 and then click on a cell in sheet 2 and press
'enter' it transfers only the text in the sheet 2 cell not the colour of the
cell. Is there anyway that I can get it to transfer the cell colour as well?
Dave Peterson

Copy and paste???

Formulas return values--not formats.

--

Dave Peterson
Laurie21

The colour represents of a cell represents the status of the project on which
I am working, it is therefore subject to change. When I change the colour in
a cell sheet 1 it does not alter the colour of the corresponding cell (=) in
sheet two. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Laurie21 wrote:

If I put = in a cell in sheet 1 and then click on a cell in sheet 2 and press
'enter' it transfers only the text in the sheet 2 cell not the colour of the
cell. Is there anyway that I can get it to transfer the cell colour as well?

--

Dave Peterson

Laurie21

What is a macro? - sorry I am a computer novice. When i tried conditional
formating it said that "you may not use references to other worksheets or
workbooks for Conditional Formatting criteria"

Laurie21 wrote:

If I put = in a cell in sheet 1 and then click on a cell in sheet 2 and press
'enter' it transfers only the text in the sheet 2 cell not the colour of the
cell. Is there anyway that I can get it to transfer the cell colour as well?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Vasant Nanavati

Simply, you can't link color changes. If you are manually changing the color
of the first cell based on your project status, there is no way to
automatically change the color of the second (linked) cell to the same
color.

You could do it using a macro, but it would be just as simple to change the
color of the second cell manually.

--

Vasant