boufant

Default to many 'IF's'??

hi all,
my problem is this.
i have a worksheet(called master) with a drop down list in a cell.(C1)
there are about 30 golf courses in this list.
what i want to do, is that when i select a golf course in the list and
it is then in cell C1, i need all of that golf courses
details(par,stroke index and yardage) to appear on the the master
worksheet automatically.
all the required details are in a seperate workbook.
i thought i had it cracked using the 'IF' function, but when i got to 7
or 8 'IF's' in the formula(for each course) it would not let me do
anymore.
is there an alternative way to do what i want, and if so an
example would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks,
Boufant.

--
boufant
boufant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24725

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:01:27 -0500, boufant
wrote:

hi all,
my problem is this.
i have a worksheet(called master) with a drop down list in a cell.(C1)
there are about 30 golf courses in this list.
what i want to do, is that when i select a golf course in the list and
it is then in cell C1, i need all of that golf courses
details(par,stroke index and yardage) to appear on the the master
worksheet automatically.
all the required details are in a seperate workbook.
i thought i had it cracked using the 'IF' function, but when i got to 7
or 8 'IF's' in the formula(for each course) it would not let me do
anymore.
is there an alternative way to do what i want, and if so an
example would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks,
Boufant.

VLOOKUP should do what you want.

--ron
Fred Smith

Vlookup would be a much cleaner solution than nested If's. If you need help with
vlookup, post back.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"boufant" wrote in

[...]

[...]