Leslie

Default Links between workbooks and emailing workbook

I have 2 workbooks in which one is the main workbook and the 2nd is a subset.
I used the =sumproduct and Match functions to do my links. When I emailed
the subset or 2nd workbook the person can't read it because they don't have
the main workbook. Any ideas how when the document transmit by email I can
get it changed into real values versus links.

Leslie

I was hoping to figure out an automated way. If "they" don't have the main
workbook I would like to program something that says show or permit values
(not formulas) and keep formatting and don't look for updates or show that
screen that asks them do they want to update.

Leslie wrote:
I have 2 workbooks in which one is the main workbook and the 2nd is a subset.
I used the =sumproduct and Match functions to do my links. When I emailed
the subset or 2nd workbook the person can't read it because they don't have
the main workbook. Any ideas how when the document transmit by email I can
get it changed into real values versus links.

LenB

Maybe this is what you mean. For the people receiving the file, they
could uncheck the setting for "Ask to Update Automatic Links" on the
edit tab of Tools - Options. Of course that will affect all
spreadsheets they open, not just yours.
Maybe you didn't understand what I first suggested, so here is more
detail. Before you send the file, save a new copy (if you need to keep
your copy with the links). Select All (Ctrl+a), then Copy (Ctrl+c),
then paste special - values (Alt e s v). Takes less than 2 seconds.
There will now be no links (or formulas) in this copy of the file.
Formatting will stay the same. Send it and they will be happy! Good
luck. If you want to automate it, record a macro and assign to a
button. If you are into writing macros, I think links are in a
collection so a loop to go thru them all and replace each link with its
value could be done.

Len