brookdale

Default Autofill type feature.

I have a quick question.

Say I put a value in A2. If I wanted to fill that value down to A1000,
I could pull down the little plus sign in the bottom right corner of
the cell and drag it down to A1000. This is very tedious because you
might accidentially go to fast, and going to slow takes forever.

How can I type into the formula bar or something just to autofill from
and up to a certain point, in one column?

Thanks.

--
brookdale
brookdale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24617

swatsp0p

Try this:

With your formula in A2, select A2, press and hold the SHIFT key, then
press PAGE DOWN until you get to (or near) A1000 (with shift depressed,
use the arrow keys up/down to fine tune the last few cells) so that all
the desired cells are highlighted. Release the SHIFT key and press
CTRL+D. This will fill your formula down the selected range.

Does this work for you?

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382920

swatsp0p

As an addendum, if you then want to enter a formula in B2 and copy it
down the same range, you only need to move your cursor over the lower
right corner of the cell until it turns to a 'plus' sign and double
click. This will copy the formula down as far as there is data in
Column A.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382920

brookdale

Thanks again. That is much more efficient than the other method. I
wasn't too worried about finding out how to do it until I realized my
work was hundreds or thousands of rows and I needed a easier way to do
it.

I think my flood of questions should go away for awhile now. I might
come up with one or two more this week, but I think that I am probably
set.

Thanks, Andrew.