Dennis

Default How to show 2 MAX values in a list

I am trying to perform a simple simulation of a project network on a
spreadsheet with the aim of recording the distribution of the critical
paths (the paths, not their duration. But I use path duration as a
criterion).

I am trying to do so by assigning a number to each path (1, 2, 3, ...,
n) so when each path takes a maximum value its corresponding path
number appears in a cell.

Path duration is a sum and recorded in a list. Next to it I use a
column with the formula =IF(MAX(critical path)=path number,path
number,"") where "path number" can take the value of the different path
numbers (1, 2, 3, ..., n). Below I use a cell recording these numbers
using the function =MAX(path number).

My problem is that in some cases, when the simulation is performed,
there may be more than one critical paths, but I am not aware of that
since I am using an add-in and not performing simulation using a table.

Hence, is there an efficient way of having Excel keep log of a tieing
critical path (i.e. the SECOND MAX value) in a different cell (so I can
simulate its distribution and then add it to the original distribution
of critical paths)?

THANK YOU

PS Should require a spreadsheet to assist you in helping me I would be
happy to provide it.