maxmil

Default Summing only coloured cells

Hi,

I need to make a sum of some values in a column, but only of those that
have been highlighted in yellow.
Maybe the answer is simple, can you please help me put the colour of a
cell in a formula as a parameter and thus sum only coloured cells?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Max

--
maxmil
maxmil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24396

Niek Otten

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"maxmil" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I need to make a sum of some values in a column, but only of those that
have been highlighted in yellow.
Maybe the answer is simple, can you please help me put the colour of a
cell in a formula as a parameter and thus sum only coloured cells?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Max

--
maxmil
maxmil's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382726

arno

Hi maxmil,

I need to make a sum of some values in a column, but only of those
that have been highlighted in yellow.

do NOT highlight with yellow. Have an extra column where users should
type "x" or whatever if they want to highlight. Then you an use
conditional formats to highlight with yellow and you can use eg. sumif,
filters etc. based on the colum with "x".

arno