LostInVBA

Default Goal Seek On Members of an Array within Array

Greetings.

I am trying to use goal seek within an array. Essentially the first column
would contain an amount of time, the second a cash flow, and I would like to
set the third column to the interest rate that sets the present value of the
prior three cash flows to a given interest rate(from a table on the
worksheet). The interest rates would only change every three entries. To do
this calculation on a worksheet I could use the goal sheet function. Can
anyone think of a way to do all of this within an array? Thank you very much.
Harlan Grove

LostInVBA wrote...
I am trying to use goal seek within an array. Essentially the first column
would contain an amount of time, the second a cash flow, and I would like to
set the third column to the interest rate that sets the present value of the
prior three cash flows to a given interest rate(from a table on the
worksheet). The interest rates would only change every three entries. To do
this calculation on a worksheet I could use the goal sheet function. Can
anyone think of a way to do all of this within an array? Thank you very much.

What do you mean by "sets the present value of the prior three cash
flows to a given interest rate"?