cecilluen

Default MATCH FUNCTION?...challenge

Hi...I have the following challenge...
I have 2 databases....with a lot of information and I need to create a
formula only if the information of those databases match.
IE:
1 A B D E G
2 PORTOFORI PORTOFDEST PORTOFEX PORTOFDEST FORMULA??
3 MUNSTER KUALA LUMPUR JFK VIRACOPOS WHAT DO I PUT HERE?
4 MUNSTER SAN JUAN JFK VIRACOPOS
5 STUTTGART BOSTON, MA JFK SAO PAULO
6 STUTTGART SAN JUAN MUNSTER KUALA LUMPUR
7 STUTTGART SAN JUAN

Please, help!!

--
cecilluen
cecilluen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13465

cecilluen

The first 2 columns with the 2nd 2 columns.

--
cecilluen
cecilluen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382554

bj

I appologise, I shopuld have been morer specific in my question
do you want to only have an output if the information in the same row is the
same?
do you want to have an output is any cell in in column C macthes a given
cell in Column A?
do you want to have an output any cell in column C or D matches any given
cell in Columns A or B?
If a Cell in column A matches a Cell in column C do you want to also show in
the output what is in the adjacent cell in column B or Column D?

do you want a list of matches?
do you just want next to column A or B an indicator there is a match?

for example is you are just interested in whether there is a match for an
item in Column A or B insert new columns B and D.
in B2 enter
=if(countif($E:$F,A1)0,"###","")
copy down to the bollom of your data for column A and copy in column D
enough to check column C (Old column B)
other equations woul dbe appropriate for what you want out.