Saravan

Default Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$18"

Required to link between two workbooks. Should be able to concatenate
different cells having the path of the second workbook. [in question - cell
D1]. Then use this path in vlookup formula.
arno

Hi Saravan,
- cell D1]. Then use this path in vlookup formula.

you need indirect(d1) instead of just d1 for this, look in excel help
for details.

arno

Saravan

Hello Arno,
Thank you very much. Your solution has resolved the issue.

Thanks again.

"arno" wrote:

Hi Saravan,
- cell D1]. Then use this path in vlookup formula.

you need indirect(d1) instead of just d1 for this, look in excel help
for details.

arno

Saravan

To use INDIRECT function we need to have the other work book open. Is there
any other funtion that we could use to work this out, even if the excel file
is closed.

Hi Saravan,